Sunday, October 16, 2016

Doll of Color

Hello My Lovelies!

Ok, let's be honest... As this is a first post, all I'm really hearing right now is crickets. But I digress.

Today I'm sharing a card that I made for an exchange at Kit & Clowder.


 This image is one of my original drawings turned painting. If you see this and think 'Russian Nesting Doll' then your right on track as that is the look I was going for, adding my own personal flare. I've made a few of these before but never so small as to fit on a card, thought the end result was really nice and I might try making a few more of these. About 95% of this card was made with Tim Holtz Distress inks, the rest of it is gold and white acrylic paint and some texture past. 


 A second image that hopefully enlarges to show the detail on the face sadly the image doesn't enlarge and I don't have the original to take a close up. The eyelashes, eyebrows and the outline on the eye's and lips was made with a Tim Holtz Marker. And yes the splats on the face were intentional, thought not in placement, I like to splat these images with some of the excess 'paint' colors that I use. 

And thus concludes my first post for this blog. Comments? Questions? Let me know what you think.

Challenges entered:
Creative Artist Challenge Blog - Challenge #19 "Anything Goes Mixed Media" (ends Oct. 30th)

2 comments:

  1. A super card and a wonderful image. The patterns, colours and texture are all fabulous.
    Thank you for joining in with the October challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Sarah, Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Artiste, this month, best of luck, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete